Give us feedback on bugs and other broken stuff.

Dreamler UI on Mac (Mavericks) is extremely blurry

The UI of the Dreamler App on Mavericks is extremely blurry

The entire UI is so blurry that I really can't use it. Text is unreadable.
Both on the built-in Retina display and on an external (4K-Ultra-HD) monitor.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Barbara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminThomas Wingate (CTO & Founder, Dreamler) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Dreamler is not a native retina application the OS scales the pixels (depending on settings) to roughly double the size + adds smoothing to some extent. The up-scaling does degrade image quality to some extent but it should not be as bad as in your screenshot.
    I think the issue is the version of OS X you are running: The scaling options have improved with 10.10 and 10.11, but I'll have to look closer into this issue together with our Mac developer.

• Barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a mid 2014 Macbook Pro 13" with Retina display. OS X 10.9.5, 8 GB RAM, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics card.
    The external monitor is a Dell P2415Q.
    I took the screenshot from the external monitor, but it it looked pretty much the same on the retina display, without anything attached to the laptop.

• AdminThomas Wingate (CTO & Founder, Dreamler) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Barbara!

Unfortunately we do not yet have proper support for "retina" type displays on OS X. It is something that is in the works but it is a bit of a project due to the somewhat complicated way we render text on screen.

But judging from the screen-capture the result is a lot worse than it should look on a retina Mac so something is amiss here. Can you give me some more info on what hardware you are using (model name, year, etc.) and OS version?

Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base