I suggest you ...

Aligned puzzle pieces...

Hi! I really love when my game board looks structured and beautiful. What do you think about auto-alignment?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Dreamler
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminMathias Gullbrandson (CVO & Co-founder, Dreamler) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with Dreamler
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminThomas Wingate (CTO & Founder, Dreamler) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are structure and beauty directly related in your case?

This is actually a lot more complex than it first appears. With Dreamler we want to avoid getting stuck in old habits and focus more on the relationship and dependency between activities rather than fixed time timeline modeling. For this reason a fixed background grid is bad idea as it would most likely lead to people relation to the grid as some form of time-scale.
    What makes more sense is to use relative positioning supports; snapping functions that are relative to other nodes in close proximity. This would add some level of guidance to node placement and help to add more structure to the gameboard layout.
    The challenge here is to come up with a well calibrated set of snapping guides that don't feel awkward or limiting.

We are also exploring various forms of auto layout using spring networks. This could help a lot when working within big complex models with lots of nodes near by, and with visualizing things like Critical Path etc. This also takes time to evolve into something that feel right for the users. Most likely this will be part of the September release.

Feedback and Knowledge Base