Feature requests and ideas

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. integration of other tools like dropbox, google drive, slack

Would be great to use Dropbox or Google Drive integration to directly point to existing files. We also use slack conversations for each project. Would be really handy to integrate / link those conversation directly. Is anything like that planned?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hover över en byggsten och se dess text/innehåll

För läsbarheten av en projektkarta och dess innehål skulle det vara bra om man för musen över en byggstens innehåll. I många fall är texten i en byggsten så lång att man måste klicka upp LOD 0 för att läsa allt.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Thomas WingateThomas Wingate responded

Påtänkt och genomarbetad sedan tidigare. All form av mouse-over Funkar dåligt som interaktion på touch (platta/smartboard/etc) så vi har tittat lite på andra sätt som man kan förbättra läsbarhet.

De skulle kunna fungera att klicka en gång kort på en nod för att zooma/lyfta eller poppa upp en textbubbla men den kan också ev bli jättejobbigt. Tål att testas dock.

En annan variant är att vi delar på desktop- och touch-utveckling men det är inte något jag vill göra idag eftersom vi inte har resurser till det.

3. some control of font size.

Apart from the groups, by the time I zoom in enough to read anything, the rest of the board is pretty much vanished.

Could at least the first words be in font that suits the size of the activity symbol?

in case it is system specific - am using OSX 10.9.5

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Paul!

This is something that will be addressed in the upcoming release (end of January):
    - We’ve made a lot of improvement to the way fonts are rendered which will make smaller text legible on when zoomed out.
    - General size, scale and position of things will be improved which further improves legibility.

We’ve also started to build adaptive zoom scaling into our camera, something that will allow users to adjust the scale of screen elements and zoom levels to fit their screen DPI (good for Retina Macs). This will probably be part of the March release.

4. Resources should be added to participants (or some other list/database)

Adding fpr example customer input at multiple activities currently seem to reqire me to add and thereby create the same resource with contacts etc each time it is needed. Would be very beneficial to have resouces added to a database so that they are easily accessed and added to activities.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Makes a lot of sense to be able to handle resources as persistent instances, in the same way as we do with project participants today.

This has been in the works for a long time but the prerequisites are library functionality and UI, multi-node manipulation and a decent UI to add/copy/instance such resources on the gameboard using the modeling tool.

There are also a bunch of unanswered questions relating to this. The biggest one probably how to handle alterations to persistent objects and template components being used across multiple projects over time?

5. Sharing part of a project

It would be very useful to be able to share a group with users (when you don't want to share the whole project) or even better add a different project as a "group" to an existing project.

If you could create a "master" project and add other projects to the master projects as reference objects that would also help in management of complex projects where you want to be able to focus on different parts of a project.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This does of course make a lot of sense and has been in the works for a long time. Probably the first thing we will do to test this is to allow project participants to share parts of, or a whole project as a passive (non-editable) web viewer through a URL. This would allow anyone involved in a project to see their particular part without having to register an account. Good for collaborating with external parties.

This does however imply building an UI to manage active shares and indicators in the Desktop UI that parts of a project has been shared.

Going a step further: It could make sense to allow certain users or groups editing access to only parts of a project through the desktop client. there is however a major risk that this turns into a cluster-fuck of access rights and top-down control and command mentality project…

6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thinking some more about this we decided to do editable comments on some form in the future.

7. Förändra inzoomningsläget

När man dubbelklickar på en aktivitet kommer man så nära att alla fält inte får plats på helskärm (tex taggar). Ett zoomläge där allt får plats vore perfekt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set end-date at start date

The end-date for an activity coudl start to show as default the same as start date; 99 out of 100 it will be after the start date and one can thus add its date slightly faster (i.e. start date 10th august; then already standing at august instead of having to go from todays' June to august).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just so I understand you fully:
    If a user adds a start-date to an activity, say August the 10th, the date picker (when clicked) for the end-date would default to show August? This to remove some of the frustration of having to skip forwards two months in the picker if the system clock says the current month is June?

9. shortcuts customizable please

The modeler just doesn't seem to happen with a trackpad or macmouse that dont handle right click very well.
    A keyboard shortcut that we could define would be preferable to me at least!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get professional help from an expert from inside Dreamler client?

It would be great if I could contact and invite a domain expert to help me with my project through a specific UI inside the Dreamler client.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we have been looking into and it shows some promise. We are currently exploring the concept so please let me know more about how this could work in your context.

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests and ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base